It’s no secret that winters in MN are no joke. We have to be vigilant to stay warm as temperatures are constantly plummeting. There are several things you can do to ensure that no matter how cold it gets this winter, you are still warm and comfortable. North Country Aire is here to share some tips to help you stay warm when it is far from that outdoors.
Low to No Cost Tips to Stay Warm this Winter
There are several things that can be done to make you feel warmer in the winter that don’t really cost much. Here are some tips that are low cost or no cost to you.
– Turn Fans Clockwise: When you are heating your home, the hot air is constantly rising. Turning your ceiling fans in the clockwise direction will catch the updraft and thereby push that warm air back down into the room.
– Bundle Up: If you aren’t wearing warm clothes, it’s time to start. Just by bundling up, you don’t have to have the heat on so high and you will still be warm.
– Close Closet & Cabinet Doors: You shouldn’t ever try to turn off the heat in certain areas of your home, but there are some doors you can close to avoid heating those spaces. This would include closets, pantries and even cabinets. No need heating that square footage.
– Start Baking: In the summer you may be looking for any way to cook your food without turning on the oven, but in the winter you should be baking your heart out. The heat generated from your oven will also work to heat your house.
– Winterize Windows: You would be surprised how much heat you lose from your windows. This is especially true when you have older windows. You can purchase a window winterizing kit at your local hardware store that will make a drastic difference in the way your home feels this winter.
– Tune Up Your Furnace: You want to know that your furnace it working at its best during the winter. If you haven’t already, you need to schedule a furnace tune up to ensure it is working efficiently to heat your home.
Consider a Boiler Installation
While boilers may not be for everyone, you may be surprised at how far they have come in recent years. They are an investment, but you may find there is no better way to heat your home than to have a boiler installed. Modern day boilers are efficient and do an excellent job at heating your home effectively as well as efficiently.
Furnace & Boiler Installation, Replacement & More in Mora, Ogilvie, Grasston, Quamba, Cambridge, St. Francis, Oak Grove, North Branch & Greater Isanti, Minnesota
If you are having a hard time staying warm this winter no matter what you do, it may be time to call on the heating experts at North Country Aire to take a look at your system. We will do our best to ensure you and those you love are staying warm this winter season. Call us today!